I am Georgia E. Vásquez and was born in McFarland, California, the eldest of 4 children. I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Savior at the tender age of 10 and was baptized by my pastor, Florencio Aguilar. My husband is Joe M. Vasquez, who is Pastor at First Church of Chicago, Apostolic Faith Tabernacle (AFT) where we, by the grace of God, serve the beautiful congregation for almost 10 years now. Before that, we pastored the Fourth Church of Chicago for 6 years. Before being called to pastor, my husband served as assistant pastor to Honorary Bishop, Celestino Guzman.
– I am a friendship group leader and mentor to several leaders.
– I currently serve alongside my husband as Pastors of District Youth Department. (MOP, Mid West District)
– At Apostolic Bible College (CBAI) in my district, I am a teacher/facilitator for several classes.
– My husband and I serve as trainers for ministers and pastors with the Apostolic National Missions Department. We have served in “School of Pastors” for the past three years.
– At my local church, (AFT) I participate in the praise and worship team. I am also the adult and youth class teacher.
– I served as the Dorca’s President and Vice President at a District level in the Midwest District for several years.
– For five years, I was our District’s Apostolic Bible College Administrator.
For twelve years, I was the crisis counselor in a counseling and advocacy center for victims of sexual violence
Academic Accomplishments and Certifications
– Master of Arts in Ministry, (MAM) McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Internship McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Bachelor of Arts in Theology (BA) Apostolic Bible College (CBAI)
– Certificate in Latino Theology and Ministry – (CHTM) McCormick Theological Seminary– Chicago, IL
– Certified Trainer of Sexual Abuse Prevention (D2L) Northcentral Technical College – Wausau, WI
My Immediate Family
My husband and I have been happily married for 33 years and we have 4 precious children: a son in High School who is 15 and three adult daughters. Our oldest has a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. She and her husband, bro.
Miguel, have been married for 5 years and have a beautiful 15-month-old son.
Our twin daughters are single; one is a public school teacher and the other recently graduated from John Marshall Law School and is now a lawyer who works at the law offices of Montes & Associates, Chicago, IL. To serve God alongside my family y the greatest satisfaction and blessing that God has given me. My desire is to positively impact my children, my grandson and people I come in contact with, eternally.
I mention my children because they are an active part of our ministry at AFT.